Okay, you have your camera in hand, ready to capture the amazing adventure ahead, but you have no idea what you’re doing? Read ahead! We’ll help you take stunning photos to document your trip!
Before you go
- Learn how to use your camera. Seriously. Read the entire owner’s manual and look up how-to’s online. These new digital cameras on the market can do crazy things. You want the picture more red? Antique-looking? Landscape? 10 shots in a row with one click? Black and white except for the color green? Motion-sensitive? Knowing what features your camera has will give you the confidence to take bold and experimental photos.
- Clean your camera lens. A dirty camera lens will mess up all of your shots.
- Charge your battery! And take your battery charger with you on the trip. There’s nothing worse than running out of battery power right when the sun sets across the vast Kenyan landscape.
- If it’s a new camera, play with it. Shoot from different angles and with different lighting. Get comfortable with your camera before stepping on board the plane.
- Get people in the photo. You’ll want to remember the beautiful landscape, sure, but you’ll also want to remember the amazing friend you made while standing on top of Mt. Everest.
- When you’re shooting people, frame them to the left or right of center. You want to get the atmosphere in the photo.
- If you’re shooting landscape, keep it wide. You can always crop the photo later. It’s better to get more now.
- Speaking of getting more, take A LOT of photos! It’s digital. It’s free. Keep clicking. You will never regret taking more photos; you will always regret not getting that picture of the cute elephant playing in the stream.
- Action shots are hard to get, but when you can capture them, it’s golden. When shooting action, set the ISO high (800 or 1600) to minimise blur.
- Get the best shot you can get. Sometimes that perfect shot won’t be at eye level and you’ll have to bend down on the ground or climb up in a tree: DO IT! You’ll thank yourself later.
- Now it’s time to go on an Inspired Adventure to Mount Kilimanjaro and photograph the vast Tanzanian plains or sign up to cycle Southeast Asia and capture rice paddies and fishing villages
- Visit the Inspired Adventures Calendar and find a charity challenge perfect for you
[mgl_instagram_user username=”inspiredadventures” cols=”6″ number=”6″]