Register by 26 March 2021 to save $100 on registration fees!
Join Bible Society’s Larapinta Trek and help Indigenous Christians Open The Bible to their communities.
On this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, you’ll trek through the Australian outback on one of the most spectacular walking tracks in the world—the Larapinta Trail.
From the old Alice Springs Telegraph Station to the peak of Mount Sonder, the trail stretches 223 kilometres along the backbone of the West MacDonnell Ranges. Over 5 days, you will journey along the most spectacular and rewarding sections of the trail, trekking over 60 kilometres. You will follow Aboriginal Dreaming tracks and explore the beautiful mountains, valleys, rivers and the dramatic desert landscapes of the Red Centre.
By day, you’ll trek through the ochre-landscapes of the outback, witnessing the sacred sites of the Arrernte people and by night you’ll camp under the stars, falling asleep to the sounds of native wildlife.
Around 17 Indigenous communities have a New Testament in their language, and others have some books of Scripture. These communities have endured so much through the generations. Having a Bible of their own means everything.
The funds you raise on this adventure will go towards more than 20 Indigenous Bible projects across Australia that need funding. Your gift will answer the prayers of our brothers and sisters who long for God’s word, and equip them to share the Bible.
By getting involved in the challenge, you can help us:
– Publish and distribute Bibles to communities
– Record Indigenous Scripture in audio
– Support translation of the Bible into more languages
– Prepare special Bible workshops, training and resources for Indigenous communities
Where the funds will go:
– $40 helps to print and distribute Scripture for communities waiting for God’s word in their heart languages.
– $80 records more of the Scriptures in Indigenous languages in audio for those who cannot read.
– $120 helps train the next generation of Bible translators so more Indigenous communities can have God’s word.
16 - 22 August 2021
7 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share accommodation in 4-Star hotel and comfortable campsites
Registration fee: $440 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,750
Fundraising Target: $3,000
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.