The Larapinta Trail is regarded as one of Australia’s premier walking tracks. From the old Alice Springs Telegraph Station to the peak of Mount Sonder, the trail stretches 223 kilometres along the backbone of the West MacDonnell Ranges.
As part of this incredible – yet challenging – adventure, you will stand on ancient escarpments and gaze out upon the ochre-coloured landscapes of Central Australia. You will follow Aboriginal Dreaming tracks and trek beside one of the world’s oldest river systems.
By day, you will challenge yourself as you trek across the Red Centre, experiencing the diversity of desert habitats and learn the unique history of Australia’s Indigenous peoples. At night, you will fall asleep to the sounds of native wildlife under a blanket of stars.
Best of all, you’ll support the Australian Greens to speak on behalf of those who wouldn’t otherwise get much of a say inside parliament: children, refugees, students, individuals and families living in poverty and, of course, our natural environment.
The Australian Greens acknowledge that our Larapinta Trek will traverse the homelands of the Central Arrernte, Western Arrernte and Luritja peoples. We pay respect to their elders past, present and emerging.
We acknowledge that this land was never ceded, and has always been, and always will belong to the Central Arrernte, Western Arrernte and Luritja peoples.
Never have we lived in times of such political uncertainty. The next Federal Election must be held before November 2019, but it could be held as early as August next year.
Every dollar raised on our first ever Inspired Adventure will be used to get the Greens over the line in our target seats.
At the last election we missed out on getting another Green elected to Parliament in our target seats by tiny margins, after huge swings towards our candidates.
This time, with your support, we will win. All the money raised through our first ever Inspired Adventure will help put Greens into Federal Parliament. And, as we know, it’s only by having strong Greens voices in Canberra that we’re able to hold the old parties to account and fight for indigenous recognition and to save our precious places.
• $15 will pay for a candidate poster, to be put on display in key electorates
• $25 will pay for a doorknocking kit, including a Greens T-shirt, clipboards and the printing of materials to get our key messages into the hands of every voter
• $50 will boost the reach of our messages on social media, reaching thousands of potential new voters
• $100 will help kit out a polling booth station on election day with how to vote cards, Greens bunting and posters
• $250 will cover the cost for a training crew to visit a regional area to work with local campaign teams and candidates
• $500 will help put up a billboard in a main street, potentially reaching thousands of voters every day
Dates: 30 July – 5 August 2018
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Fundraising target: $3,500 (excludes travel)
Travel quote: $2,650*, (excludes flights)
Trip duration: 7 days
Challenge duration: 5 days
Accommodation: Twin share in 3 star hotels and comfortable bush camping
Minimum age: 18 (younger ages considered on application)
1. Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
2. Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
3. Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.