Only 5 Places Remaining
Join the Hike for Habitat Larapinta Challenge and support Habitat for Humanity to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
On this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, you’ll trek through the Australian outback on one of the most spectacular walking tracks in the world—the Larapinta Trail.
From the old Alice Springs Telegraph Station to the peak of Mount Sonder, the trail stretches 223 kilometres along the backbone of the West MacDonnell Ranges. Over 5 days, you will journey along the most spectacular and rewarding sections of the trail, trekking over 60 kilometres. You will follow Aboriginal Dreaming tracks and explore the beautiful mountains, valleys, rivers and the dramatic desert landscapes of the Red Centre.
By day, you’ll trek through the ochre-landscapes of the outback, witnessing the sacred sites of the Arrernte people and by night you’ll camp under the stars, falling asleep to the sounds of native wildlife. Best of all, you’ll help working families access affordable and safe housing.
All over the world, families and communities have been impacted by the current global pandemic. During this crisis, a safe and secure home has never been more important. For the health and safety of our family and community, we have been told to stay home. However, it is estimated that 1.6 billion people globally live without adequate shelter.
For many of the communities we work in, inadequate housing conditions threaten to greatly aggravate this deadly health crisis. As a global community, we must work together to ensure everyone has access to a safe, secure and healthy home, giving families a healthy foundation to build their future.
Every dollar raised on this adventure will go directly to the Home Together Fund. This will enable Habitat Australia to remain sustainable and ensure we can continue to help those most in need in Australia and the Asia Pacific region, as soon as we are able to.
• $50 can purchase toolkits with picks and shovels to repair and build a safe home for families.
• $88 can provide a family with windows and doors so their home is brightly lit and ventilated.
• $148 can train a mason, able to build houses in their community and provide a means to support their family.
• $305 can provide building materials for disaster-resilient, eco-friendly homes to lift people out of poverty and give them a stable foundation for the future.
• $500 pays for a Shelter Repair Kit, distributed to families to make minor repairs to their homes following a natural disaster. The kits include tarpaulins, hardware and basic tools.
• $3,000 can build a safe, secure home for families in need throughout Asia Pacific.
24 – 30 May 2021
7 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share in hotels and at comfortable campsites
Registration fee: $590 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,750
Fundraising Target: $3,000
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
DOWNLOAD INFO PACK
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary and info pack with more about how the Hike for Habitat will ensure everyone has access to a safe, secure and healthy home, giving families a healthy foundation to build their future.