Team Full! Second Departure Announced
Click HERE for more information
Through targeted education programs, awareness-raising and campaigning, we believe we can create a society in which no man commits, excuses or stays silent about violence against women.
As part of this adventure, you will spend five days immersed in the inimitable beauty of Tasmania’s Cradle Mountain National Park and Tarkine rainforest.
Setting off from Launceston, you will trek to the pristine Philosophers Falls before following a narrow path through towering trees to your cabin accommodation in the heart of the Tarkine.
From Mount Donaldson to the Savage River, you will feel as though you are walking amongst the forests of fairy tales; only to then discover the history of a thousand years’ past as you explore Aboriginal middens that dot the unbroken Tarkine coast.
Trek to Montezuma Falls, where temperate forest flora reclaims the pioneering efforts of a bygone era. Hike the peaks surrounding Cradle Mountain and journey through the Promised Land to the Alum Cliffs.
With your challenge complete, you will enjoy the long drive back to Launceston, whiling the hours away watching as the wilderness returns to urbanity.
Through education, awareness raising and creative campaigns, preventative programs, partnerships and political advocacy, White Ribbon Australia highlights the positive role men can play to stop violence against women and enables them to be part of this social change.
Underpinning our work is the positive engagement of men. White Ribbon Australia provides a safe and inclusive platform for men to discuss a complex and sensitive issue and gives them the tools to stand up and speak out and act.
• $42 enables someone to take our online e-learning course. We are able to keep this resource free to the public
• $280 helps us create resources and translate our factsheets into one language.
• $1,550 helps us design and print resources to share with the community
• $2,700 helps organise community forums to raise awareness and start conversations
• $5,950 helps us develop primary prevention models to drive social change
• $12,300 empowers role models in the community as Ambassadors, Advocates and supporters
4-8 March 2019
5 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin share accommodation in hotels and guesthouses
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,699 Fundraising Target: $3,500
1. Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
2. Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
3. Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
FIND OUT MORE
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary, booking form, and more about how White Ribbon’s Trek for Respect will help end male violence against women.