Inspired took to the kitchen, tied on our aprons and reached for our wooden spoons in an attempt to create something healthy, delicious and fulfilling. What we conjured up was a top secret recipe. But we’re just so excited about it we want to share it with you anyway!
Whether you are training for an Inspired Adventure or just looking for a healthy snack to enjoy, these delicious bite-sized protein balls are packed full of guilt-free ingredients to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
Because of their high protein content, our energy balls are an excellent way to aid your body into recovery and repair, and are best enjoyed after a training session!
- 1/2 cup (130g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (40g) quick oats
- 2 scoops (58g) vanilla protein powder (we used Optimum Nutrition: Gold Standard 100% whey)
- 1/4 cup (60g) LSA mix (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds). Can be replaced with other ground nuts and seeds of your choice
- Desiccated coconut for coating (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon (or if you don’t mind getting messy—your fingers) start to combine all the ingredients together. If your mixture is too dry, add more peanut butter. If it’s too sticky, add more oats!
- Roll your mixture into ping-pong sized balls. There should be enough mixture to make approximately 14 balls.
- Firmly roll your energy balls in a bowl of desiccated coconut to give them an even coat. If you don’t dig coconut, try cacao powder.
- Put your energy balls in the freezer for an hour before serving. Store them in the refrigerator.
- Voilà! Your energy balls are ready to be enjoyed!
Serving size: 1 ball
Calories: 122, Protein: 6g, Fat: 8g (saturated: 1g, unsaturated: 3g, trans: 0g), Carbohydrates: 7g (sugars: 2g), Sodium: 57mg, Fibre: 2g, Cholesterol: 1mg
Please check for allergens on the packets of your ingredients for further information and guidance.